Our COVID-19 Business Continuity Actions
As North America’s largest distributor of primary packaging, and as an essential supplier of packaging to many industries engaged in fighting the virus, we take our commitment to providing ongoing, high-quality service to our customers very seriously. We have instituted several stringent measures to keep our team members safe and ensure continued service to our customers:
- Our Pandemic Response Team, comprised of our Executive Leadership Team and key functional leaders, meets twice daily to monitor any changes to the environment and take appropriate action. We have been providing detailed communication to our team members continuously.
- The majority of our team members, including packaging consultants, account coordinators and other support staff, are under a mandatory work from home policy to follow social distancing guidelines. We have moved our Global Support Center and Design & Engineering Centers to full virtual mode, with 100% of team members working from home.
- Our 40+ North American warehouses continue to operate with shipping staff on-site to fulfill orders. In order to ensure the safety of our team members: we have banned all visitors; are following detailed cleaning and safety protocols; and are limiting exposure to others with designated entrances, staggered shifts and a paperwork drop box for deliveries.
- We are working with our partner manufacturers to ensure continuity of supply. All of our suppliers are working at full capacity to keep up with all orders. Most if not all of our manufacturing partners are considered essential and will work through all city/county/state or federal shutdowns that have been issued to date. They will stay open unless instructed specifically by the government – at that time we will notify our customers and review options for continued supply.
- We have also taken aggressive action to assist our team members in terms of extended medical and sick leave policies, as well as the establishment of a team member emergency fund in the event of any hardships experienced by team member families.
We have been serving customers in good times and bad since 1902 and our team of 1,000 dedicated packaging professionals stand at the ready to help you during this global crisis.