Date: May 06, 2013
For Second Consecutive Year, TricorBraun Wins Best of Show In National Competition
Company wins nine awards in seven of the competition’s nine categories
A first-of-its-kind humming bird feeder--prefilled with nectar--propelled TricorBraun to win its second consecutive Best Of Show Award in the prestigious National Association of Container Distributor’s (NACD) annual packaging competition.
TricorBraun, one of North America’s largest providers of jars, bottles and other rigid packaging components, won nine awards in seven of the competition’s nine categories.
Awards were presented for the most innovative packages released during the previous year, according to the NACD. Winners were announced at the organization’s national convention, on April 19 in Austin, Tex.
Feeding little birds meant big packaging challenges when TricorBraun set out to help Pennington Garden and Pet launch the new humming bird feeder. The manufacturing process became so complex it gave rise to a new utility patent.
TricorBraun also won eight additional awards, recognizing the company’s design leadership in seven of competition’s nine categories, including two Best Use of Stock Components, demonstrating an ability to give customers creative packaging with stock components as well as designing custom solutions.
- Food Category: Seafood Crab & Lobster Bites Trays, for Quality Foods From The Sea
- Drug & Pharmaceutical Category: Inner Armour Anabolic, for Nutriblend Foods
- Household Chemical & Automotive Category - Best Use of Stock Components: Valspar Color Sample, for Max Pax LLC
- Cosmetic & Personal Care Products Category: Palmers Cocoa Butter Body Wash, for ET Browne Drug, Inc.
- Household Chemical & Automotive Category: Barkeepers Friend Spray & Foam Cleaner, for SerVass Laboratories
- General Industrial Category: Sanotracin RTU, for BioMed Protect LLC
- General Industrial Category - Best Use of Stock Components: MAX Fall Arrest Kit, for Super Anchor Safety
- Beverage Category: Calgary Stampede Whiskey, for Highwood Distillery
TricorBraun’s (www.TricorBraun.com) primary focus is on designing, sourcing and supplying rigid packaging components for personal care; cosmetics; health care; food and beverage; as well as industrial and household chemicals. It has more than 40 offices globally and has one of the largest inventories of rigid packaging components worldwide.
The NACD is a trade organization of businesses focused on the warehousing and distribution of containers and related components.