TricorBraun Awarded EcoVadis Medal
TricorBraun has achieved a Bronze medal from EcoVadis, the world’s most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings. This coveted recognition distinguishes the top 50% of submitted companies with the best ratings for their ethical practices and social and environmental performance.
The EcoVadis Ratings
EcoVadis ratings measure the quality of a company’s sustainability management system through its policies, actions, and results. The ratings are granted based on a company's environmental, labor and human rights, ethics and sustainable procurement impacts.
Doing the right thing related to our sustainable, environmental, and ethical impacts is an extension of our company’s Operating Principles. It’s part of our DNA. We are committed to sustainable and ethical practices, through packaging design and development, supply chain operations, labor and human rights, ethics, and distribution activities. Our team has been actively working to expand our sustainability profile. Our most recent actions include:
- Formalizing the company’s ESG strategy, commitments, and goals. These commitments include reducing TricorBraun’s greenhouse gas (GHG) impact.
- Dedicated a team, directed by one of TricorBraun’s Executive Leaders, to ESG-focused initiatives.
- Continued research, sourcing, and development of more sustainable product offerings.
- Engaging with various organizations, such as ThePackHub and the Sustainable Packaging Coalition (SPC), as we expand our efforts and goals.
We are immensely proud to achieve EcoVadis medal status and it’s just the beginning of our journey of continuous improvement. Our team is actively working on initiatives including:
- Mapping our GHG footprint and Scope 1 & 2 carbon emissions.
- Sharing best practices with companies newly acquired by TricorBraun.
- Launching an ESG portal as a focused resource for all sustainability-related activities.
- Developing our inaugural sustainability report to share and quantify our sustainable progress.